2019.3 — September 2, 2019
Just cleaning up a few things before a major release coming Real Soon Now™:
- Improved color contrast throughout the app to make the things you’re supposed to be able to read easier to read.
- Fixed a visual issue with the “scanning” animation when opening an image.
2019.2 — July 9, 2019
You can now use Black Highlighter’s editing tools from inside other apps as an action. Try it out in the Photos app!
- Fixed a crash that could happen if you got too creative with your photo library while Black Highlighter was open.
- Added some keyboard shortcuts to the editing view; you can now undo and redo redactions with the standard shortcuts.
2019.1 — June 26, 2019
- Black Highlighter now supports hiding text in ALL photos, not just screenshots.
- New visualization makes it easier to find text for hiding.
- Manual (non-automatic) redaction now has full control, not just straight lines. Scribble away!
- Drag and drop support on iPad. Drag any photo into Highlighter to edit it.
1.1 — November 26, 2018
- Fixed manual redactions not working… like, at all. Oops.
- Fixed an issue where screenshots stored in iCloud Photo Library would not open when selected.
- Added support for opening images from apps such as Files.
- Improved performance of automatic redactions.
1.0.1 — May 28, 2018
- Support for the Super Retina screen of iPhone X.
- Fixed a crash when highlighting large images.
1.0 — May 31, 2017
Initial app release.