About Black Highlighter
Black Highlighter makes it easy to hide text in images you want to share. Black Highlighter’s “Magic Highlighting” feature automatically detects text in images and helps you make nice, even redactions in your photos and screenshots.
Black Highlighter works with your favorite apps to hide text from anywhere.
Highlight Last Screenshot is an example shortcut that finds the last screenshot that was taken on your iPhone or iPad and opens it in Black Highlighter.
Check our our page on Shortcuts integration for more in-depth integration help.
2019.4 — September 24, 2019
We’ve made a new tool available to you: the Ultra Highlighter. The Ultra Highlighter puts some powerful new technology:
- Specify certain words to always be hidden: names, e-mail addresses, etc. The Ultra Highlighter will automatically black them out when you open a new image.
- Scan documents from the real world for digital redaction. The Ultra Highlighter senses documents in photos, straightens them out, and gives them the same scanning technology fully-digital screenshots get.
The Ultra Highlighter is available as a one-time upgrade purchase, and is already unlocked for anyone who downloaded Black Highlighter prior to this update.
We’ve also added some improvements for all users of Black Highlighter:
- Black Highlighter now supports multiple windows on iPadOS 13.1 or newer.
- Alerts such as the one that appears if you close an image without exporting it are now properly dark if you’re using the system dark mode.
- Users of VoiceOver on iOS 13 or higher can now use the text-hiding functionality of Black Highlighter via VoiceOver, rather than only being able to navigate the app, but requiring touch to actually hide text.
- Numerous minor bug fixes and visual improvements.